SLCO SAR 2021 SECOND ANNUAL SNOW SAFETY GIVEAWAY!
A safe trip into the backcountry starts with the right equipment, training, and partner(s). All of us here on the Salt Lake County Search and Rescue Team wants you to stay safe and #knowbeforeyougo into the mountains this winter. SO we are GIVING AWAY a pair of T3 AVALANCHE RESCUE KITS (beacon, shovel, probe) AND TWO avalanche course vouchers with Prival USA and Utah Mountain Adventures to one lucky winner and their backcountry partner of choice.
This year the gear was donated by our friends at Backcountry, Prival USA, and Utah Mountain Adventures. Please send them love and visit their page for more gear or backcountry travel info.
You can always donate to help support the free rescue services offered by the all-volunteer Salt Lake County Search and Rescue team via the links on our social media pages or through our website.
Entry and Guidelines:
Follow us on instagram https://www.instagram.com/slcosar/ or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/slcosar AND YOU MUST tag at least 2 friends in the comments of ANY of the giveaway posts before noon (MT) on December 23rd, 2021. We will compile the user lists and choose a winner at that time and contact them, to arrange delivery/pickup of the prizes.
1. One entry per person, per post. Anyone may enter a friend to win. Each person is limited to 5 entries. To enter must like, follow, and have commented on a friends user handle on at least one @slcosar instagram page post or Facebook post regarding the giveaway.
2. Winner is selected randomly using computer generated software.
3.This giveaway is not sponsored or endorsed by Instagram, it is brought to you by Salt Lake County SAR, Prival, Backcountry.com and Utah Mountain Adventures.
4. The contest will begin on Wednesday, November 24th at 12 AM MST and run until December 23rd at 12PM MST. A contestant will be notified within 24 hours of winning. If the contestant does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected.
5. Winner must be at least 18 years old and live in the United States.
6. Winner must show completion of the Avalanche Safety Course through Prival prior to collecting the T3 package and snow safety gear.
Backcountry snow travel has a higher level of risk than most activities, and can be potentially hazardous/dangerous/lethal. Winner acknowledges that backcountry snow travel is an inherently dangerous and potentially deadly activity, all risk associated with traveling in avalanche terrain is taken on at winner’s own risk. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, Salt Lake County Search and Rescue takes no responsibility in any misuse or improper use of the gear being given away herein. It is strongly emphasized here that backcountry snow travel is an extremely dangerous activity and should only be undertaken with extreme caution, training, and professional advisement. For more resources on traveling safely through the Utah Backcountry, please visit: